First, create a My School DC Family Account.
Create one family account for each child in your family applying to a new school.
Next, start a My School DC Lottery Application.
You need the following information to complete a My School DC lottery application:
- Name, date of birth, current school and grade
- Your child’s student ID number. You can provide any one of these three types of IDs:
- If your child is a DCPS student: Student ID
- If your child is a public charter school student: Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Don’t have either? You can use your DC One Card number or call (202) 888-6336
Basic information about your family
- Guardian’s name (first and last)
- Contact information, including guardian's home address
- You can choose up to 12 schools.
- List your 1st choice (the school that you want most), then your 2nd choice, and so forth.
Review your choices to ensure that they are ranked in the order you like them. Students can only be matched with one school and are waitlisted only at the schools they ranked higher than the school where they are matched or enrolled. You have until the date of the deadline to make any edits on your application and until March 15th to update your school rankings..
TIP: Remember: listing your choices in the order you like them matters!